You must fill out a waiver before attending your first class.
This can be filled out through our online booking system when you book your first class.
If you'd like to give it a read before signing up, here it is!
Waiver of Claims, Release of Liability, Assumption of Risks
1. I am aware that using, attending and/or participating in Mat Collective Yoga Association's programs and activities involves many risks, dangers and hazards. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including but not limited to physical injury, serious physical injury or death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. If at any time during the class, you feel discomfort or strain, gently come out of the posture. You may rest at any time during the class. It is important in yoga that you listen to your body, and respect its limits on any given day. I, the undersigned, understand that yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis, or treatment. I should consult a physician prior to beginning any activity program, including yoga. I recognize that it is my responsibility to notify my teacher of any serious illness or injury before every yoga class. I will not perform any postures to the extent of strain or pain. I accept that neither the instructor, Mat Collective Yoga Association, is liable for any injury, or damages, to person or property, resulting from the taking of the class. Those under 18 years of age must have this form signed by a parent or guardian; and,
3. I accept the risks, dangers and hazards that come with taking a class with or without a certified instructor; including, but not limited to: impact with objects or equipment used in connection with yoga or other fitness activities; changes in the type of surface and the condition of each surface, including yoga mats, grass, cement, carpet, towels, material, washroom facilities and change rooms; weather; loss of balance; failure to move safely within one's own ability; theft; consumption of food and drink, whether made by professionals or by non-professionals; negligence of other participants; and negligence of anyone volunteering, working for or with Mat Collective Yoga Association; and,
4. I agree and acknowledge that I am fully aware that participation in the activity involve risks and I accept all the risks, known and unknown, of participating, even if the risks are created by the carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of any Released Party, Released Party includes Mat Collective Yoga Association or any of its affiliates, franchisees and their respective representatives, teachers,, employees or volunteer staff or anyone else, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
5. I am in proper physical condition to participate in the activity, I understand my physical limitations and am sufficiently self-aware to stop physical activity before I become ill or injured. I am aware the streets adjourning the area of the activity are open to regular vehicular and bicycle traffic during the activity and I will obey all traffic laws and regulations; and,
6. I am also aware that the risks, dangers and hazards referred to above and below exist within a variety of facilities whether at a designated spot by Mat Collective Yoga Association or not, including but not limited to: roadways, parking areas, shower rooms, hallways, stairs, elevators, change rooms, meeting rooms, eating areas, banquet rooms, fields, field houses, parks, playgrounds and other facilities; and,
7. I am aware that there is no obligation for any person to provide me with medical care during the activity. I understand and acknowledge that there may be no aid stations available for the activity, if medical care is rendered to me, I consent to that care if I am unable to give my consent for any reason at the time the care is rendered, I am aware that it is advisable to consult a physician prior to participating in the activity. If I have consulted a physician, I have taken the physicians advice; and,
8. I agree not to sue any Released Party for Claims, Claims includes but is not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury or death in connection with participation in the activity/program, even if the Claims arise from the carelessness, negligence or gross negligence of any Released Party or anyone else. I understand and intend that this document acts as the broadest and most inclusive assumption of risk, waiver, release of liability, agreement not to sue and indemnity; and,
9. I grant my permission to the Released Party and any transferee or licensee or any of them, to utilize any photographs, motion pictures, videotapes, recordings and other references or records of the activity which may depict, record or refer to me for any purpose (Likeness), including commercial use by the released parties, their sponsors and their licensees. This permission is for use anywhere in the world and on the Internet and for an unlimited period of time. I understand and agree that I will not be compensated or receive additional consideration for consenting to the use of my Likeness and that I will not be given a chance to receive, inspect or approve the promotional or marketing material, messages and/or content that may use my Likeness; and,
10. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. I have fully read and understand this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement. I am aware that by signing this agreement, I am waiving all legal rights I or my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against the Released Party, and I am signing it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, provincial, and municipal governments and Provincial Health Services Authority, Work Safe BC, and other health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Mat Collective Yoga Association (Association) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Mat Collective Yoga Association cannot guarantee that you or anyone you come in subsequent contact with will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending classes could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending association classes and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death.
I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at association classes may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Mat Collective Yoga Association employees, contractors, teachers, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my attendance at the classes or participation in Mat Collective Yoga Association programming (Claims).
On my behalf, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Mat Collective Yoga Association, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Mat Collective Yoga Association, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any class.
I have fully read and understand this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement. I am aware that by signing this agreement, I am waiving all legal rights I or my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against the Released Party, and I am signing it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.